Mission & Goals
The Institute Mission
Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR) is an Institution dedicated to the improvement in standards of health through better management of health care and related programs. It seeks to accomplish this through management research, training, consultation and institutional networking in national and global perspective.
The long Term Goals
- Capacity building of health professionals to effectively manage health services at the national, global level.
- Conduct policy and programmatic research on the most important policy and management issues in the health sector.
- Develop successful model of services delivery and management, which can be adopted widely by public sector and NGO health care organization.
- Disseminate latest knowledge and management technology in India and other developing countries.
- Establish the Institute as a world-class academic institution in the area of health and population management.
Long Term institutional Objectives The Institute envisions to
- Make a visible impact on improvement of health services management.
- Establish high quality Management Development Programmes (MDPs) that will attract participants from public, NGO and private sectors from the Asia, Africa & other countries of the world.
- Establish self-financing postgraduate programme in health and hospital management.
- Produce world-class research output that will find place in peer reviewed journals.
- Emerge as the leading academic center of excellence in the Asian region.